Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I want to rock your gypsy soul

via singer 22
via eatdrinkshoplove
via mamasarollingstone
via singer 22

So while I was at work today I decided it was time I should pay tribute to my number one fashion icon, the one and only, Nicole Richie. Her personal fashion choices, as well as the clothes she designs, are the epitome of bohemian-glamour (otherwise known as Boho Chic) which is a fashion trend I completely melt over. I am in love with the marriage between vintage (circa 1960s) inspired clothes and couture. My heart literally sings for beautifully detailed clothes in rich fabrics like silk, chiffon, and velvet. I also adore bold graphic prints and anything flowy and loose fitting. At the same time, I can't resist feathers, sequins, lace, and metal embellishments (like rivets and studs). Nicole really embraces all of these and regularly incorporates them into her wardrobe effortlessly. She has such an amazing way of taking vintage influenced looks and making them look so modern and stylish. I really share her love for ankle booties, kimonos, prints, scarves, floppy hats, big sunglasses, and of course gold jewelery. Let be it be known to the world now, here in the comfort of my own blog, I proclaim that House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate is nothing less than pure genius. I find myself drooling over her collections time and time again. Rock on Nicole, your gypsy spirit is an inspiration to us all!

  ♥ ♥ ♥ Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment