Monday, January 9, 2012

seeing spots

via cats and rocking chairs
via tumblr sparking-glitter
via topshop
via sincerely, jules
via natalie off duty
via neon blush
via whowhatwear
In lieu of my good friend Nina's decision to start her very own personal style blog, I wanted to dedicate this post to her! Leopard print has somehow seen it's way in and out of style throughout past seasons, and as Nina put it today, some critics believe it will "fade out" soon enough. I suppose one could argue that leopard print has become another overdone trend in the fashion industry, but in actuality leopard print is beautiful and super chic. Yes, it can easily be carried away and look tacky (if styled incorrectly) but it can also be a great way to bring an outfit together and make it look modern and effortless (like adding a leopard bag or shoe to your ensemble). It can also be paired with so many different fabrics and colors including black and white stripes, houndstooth, mustard yellow, and especially my favorite army green. From my experience, these select style choices never fail.

Simply put, every woman needs some kind of leopard print in her life-whether it be an accessory or piece of clothing. As I mentioned previously, my closet staples can be broken down to five basics: leather, lace, fringe, suede, and leopard print. Whenever shopping, I find myself continually drawn to clothes and accessories that consist of these five textiles and try to build outfits using these foundations. I recommend that you do as well. To wrap up, I believe it's clear that leopard is a classic and here to stay!

  ♥ ♥ ♥ Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment